Welcome to Hills Academy of Martial Arts
Hills Academy of Martial Arts is a Traditional Shaolin Martial Arts Training Centre located in Castle Hill, NSW.
We specialise in teaching traditional Martial Arts to Kids, Teens and Adults.
We pride ourselves in not only teaching great martial arts but also emphasising Character Development through Martial Arts training.
Our Mission is to provide the highest quality Martial Arts training to Positively impact each individuals life.
Shaolin Kung Fu
Shaolin Kung Fu has a 1500-year history and is considered the birth place of Martial Arts. Developed in the Shaolin monastery by monastic monks for health purposes, Kung Fu developed into a way of self defense for personal protection and security of the Shaolin Temple.
Shaolin Kung Fu is divided into 3 main areas of practice known as the three pillars of Shaolin Kung Fu.
CH’AN – The practice of Zen. Shaolin Kung Fu is not just a way of moving, it is also a way of thinking. Ch’an includes such things as Meditation, but also the spirit of the practitioner. One who practices Ch’an practices and represents compassion and life values from the heart.
WU – Wu is the practice of Martial Arts. The Martial Arts includes;
- Ji Ben Gong (Foundation Training) – Stance work, basic form, technique, and conditioning.
- 72 Arts of Shaolin - 72 special skills
- Dian Xue – Pressure point arts
- Taolu (Forms / Patterns / Kata) – Set arrangement of techniques.
- Sanda (Sparring) – The application of techniques. Sparring, Chin’Na (Joint locking), Tui Shou (pushing hands), Chi Sau (sticking hands), grappling and wrestling.